Scalloped Chicken Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Scalloped Chicken.
Vintage Recipe Box 4
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Scalloped Chicken was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Scalloped Chicken recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Scalloped Chicken Recipe
If you make this Scalloped Chicken recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 3 cups boned chicken (cut in lg piece) (or 2 cups cooked rice mixed with 1 cup broth)
- 1 Baked Dressing recipe (see file)
- Thick gravy: (2½-3 cups = to top recipe; 1½ cup = table use)
- (½ cup butter or chicken fat = optional)
- ½ cupflour (approx.)
- 3 cups chicken broth +
- + 1 cup milk (total 4 cups liquid)
- Approx 2 tsp salt - if broth = not seasoned)
- ____ mix flour with small can & ____ liquid - then add to rest of hot liquid.
- Melt butter; blend in flour & salt if needed. Cook; stirring continually, stir in liquid.