Savory Pot Roast
Savory Pot Roast Recipe Card Front
Front of the Savory Pot Roast recipe card with a notation that the recipe is from Susan E. Lanker and Adelaide Christina OLSEN Lanker (1919 – 2001).
Adelaide is Sue’s mom.
Savory Pot Roast Recipe Card Back
Back of the Savory Pot Roast recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 008
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Savory Pot Roast was with.
Click here to read the history of.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Savory Pot Roast recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Savory Pot Roast Recipe
If you make this Savory Pot Roast recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- Meat (use any roast or beef left whole or cut up in strips)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried and crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 small carrots halved lengthwise
- 8 small potatoes
- 8 small onions
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas
- Sprinkle meat with salt and brown in oil
- Combine the sauces and spices
- Pour the sauce / spice mixture over meat
- Add vegetables
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Continue cooking until desired doneness adding water as needed
- When nearly done, cook down sauce
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving from pan