Salted Peanut Chews
Salted Peanut Chews Recipe Card Front
Front of the Salted Peanut Chews recipe card.
Salted Peanut Chews Recipe Card Back
Back of the Salted Peanut Chews recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Salted Peanut Chews was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Salted Peanut Chews recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Salted Peanut Chews Recipe
If you make this Salted Peanut Chews recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 package Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup oleo or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup oleo
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounce package (2 cups) peanut butter chips
- 2 cup rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine all the base ingredients except for marshmallows at low speed until crumbly
- Press into bottom of ungreased 13" x 9" pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with marshmallows
- Return to oven 1 - 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff
- Cool while preparing topping
- In a large saucepan heat corn syrup, oleo, vanilla, and peanut butter chips just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal and nuts
- Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows
- Spread to cover
- Cut into bars and store covered