Roll Chocolate Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Roll Chocolate.
Vintage Recipe Box 98
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Roll Chocolate was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project 98 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Roll Chocolate recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Roll Chocolate Recipe
If you make this Roll Chocolate recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 6 Tablespoons sifted cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 4 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Squares Rockwoods Premium Baking Chocolate, melted
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder, salt.
- Gradually add sugar to stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Fold in beaten egg yolks.
- Add flavoring.
- Mix in flour gradually, then cooled melted chocolate and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Turn into well-greased shallow pan (10x15) which has been lined with waxed paper and greased again.
- Allow paper to extend about 2 inches above edge of pan.
- When baked, remove from pan and cut off crisp edges of cake.
- Turn out on cloth covered with powdered sugar.
- Remove paper.
- Spread half of Peppermint Frosting over cake and roll as for jelly roll. (see Frostings.)
- Wrap in cloth.
- When cool, cover with remaining frosting.
Bake at: 400° F.
Time: 15 minutes.
Amount: 1 cake (10x15 pan)