Rich Filled Cookies
Rich Filled Cookies Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Rich Filled Cookies.
The owner notates that the recipe came from Good Housekeeping Magazine from November 1951.
Rich Filled Cookies Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Rich Filled Cookies.
- Okay, I REALLY need some help with this recipe. What is the filling? Do we need another recipe or am I missing it within this recipe? I haven’t made filled cookies before so not sure if I am missing something.
Vintage Recipe Box 012
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Rich Filled Cookies was with.
Click here to view all of recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Rich Filled Cookies recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Rich Filled Cookies Recipe
If you make this Rich Filled Cookies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 5 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup thick sour cream
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together into a bowl
- In another bowl cream shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- Mix in sour cream and four a little at a time
- Chill until easy to handle
- Roll to 1/8" thickness
- Cut into 3" rounds
- Place filling on one round and top with another.
- Press together with fingers or fork
- Bake at 425 for 8 - 10 minutes