Rhubarb Bread Pudding
Rhubarb Bread Pudding Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Rhubarb Bread Pudding.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Rhubarb Bread Pudding was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Rhubarb Bread Pudding recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Rhubarb Bread Pudding Recipe
If you make this Rhubarb Bread Pudding recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- ½ cup sugar plus 1 teaspoon
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 loaf day-old bread slices, crusts trimmed off
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups skimmed evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the rhubarb, ½ cup of sugar and the water in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter.
- Whisk together the eggs and the ¼ cup of sugar and milk; add the butter.
- Cut the bread into ½ inch cubes.
- Place the bread in a large bowl and pour the custard mixture over it.
- Toss to coat and set aside for 15 minutes to soak.
- Butter a cake pan and layer in half of the bread mixture.
- Spoon half of the rhubarb over the bread.
- Top with remaining bread mixture.
- Mix the cinnamon with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Place the cake in a baking dish and add enough hot tap water to come half way up the sides.
- Bake for 1-1½ hours.
- Serve with remaining rhubarb sauce.
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Baking time: 1½ hours
Yield: 4 servings.