Quick Homemade Chili
Quick Homemade Chili Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Quick Homemade Chili.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Quick Homemade Chili was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Quick Homemade Chili recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Quick Homemade Chili Recipe
If you make this Quick Homemade Chili recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 tablesp. Wesson, pure vegetable oil
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 15½-oz. can small red beans or kidney beans, undrained
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 8-oz. cans Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 teasp. salt
- 1 to 2 teasp. chili powder
- Cook and stir garlic and meat in hot Wesson in large skillet until meat loses its red color.
- Add beans with their liquid, onion and green pepper.
- Pour in Hunt's Tomato Sauce.
- Add salt and chili powder - and stir.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chili is desired thickness - about 45 minutes.