Quick Berry Kuchen
Quick Berry Kuchen Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Quick Berry Kuchen.
Quick Berry Kuchen Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Quick Berry Kuchen.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Quick Berry Kuchen was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Quick Berry Kuchen recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Quick Berry Kuchen Recipe
If you make this Quick Berry Kuchen recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup plus 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- 2½ cup berries or any fruit
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 cups flour or 1½ cup whole wheat & 1½ cup white flour
- ½ cup butter softened grated rind of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup firmly backed brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In small bowl mix yeast, warm water & 1 tsp sugar together & set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt.
- In bowl cream butter & remaining ½ cup sugar together until light & lemon colored.
- Add egg, yeast, grated rind & lemon extract.
- Continue beating mix in the flour & milk & beat 3 min more.
- Butter a 9 x 13 dish.
- Spread half the batter in pan, arrange the berries on top.
- Drop the remaining dough on top of berries.
- Mix together the topping ingredients & sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake 40 min.