Pot Roast and Peaches
Pot Roast and Peaches Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Pot Roast and Peaches.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Pot Roast and Peaches was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pot Roast and Peaches recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Pot Roast and Peaches Recipe
If you make this Pot Roast and Peaches recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 can (1-pound, 13 ounces) cling peach halves
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 pound chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons salad oil or shortening
- ½ teaspoon summer savory
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 medium-size boiling onions
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Drain peach halves, saving ¾ cup syrup.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge roast in seasoned flour; save remaining flour for thickening gravy.
- Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Brown meat on all sides.
- If desired, transfer to large casserole.
- Add ½ cup peach syrup, summer savory and bay leaf.
- Cover; cook in 325-degree oven about 3½ hours.
- Place onions in liquid around roast about an hour before roast is to be done.
- When roast and onions are done, add green pepper and peaches to casserole.
- Spoon meat juices over them and heat through.
- Place roast on large platter; surround with onions, peaches and green pepper.
- Moisten remaining seasoned flour with remaining peach syrup. Skim all but about 2 tablespoons fat from meat juices.
- Stir in flour-syrup mixture and vinegar; heat, stirring, until gravy comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Correct seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with meat and vegetables.