Pink Lady Chiffon Cake
Pink Lady Chiffon Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Pink Lady Chiffon Cake.
Pink Lady Chiffon Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Pink Lady Chiffon Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 014
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Pink Lady Chiffon Cake was with.
Click here to view all of recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pink Lady Chiffon Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Pink Lady Chiffon Cake Recipe
If you make this Pink Lady Chiffon Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Wesson oil
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Maraschino cherry juice
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cherries, very thinly sliced and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening or butter
- 1 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup Maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
Pink Lady Chiffon Cake Batter
- In a bowl whisk together 1 1/2 cup cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Form a well and add oil, water, egg yolks, and vanilla
- Beat with spoon until smooth
- In a second bowl, egg whites and cream of tartar
- Beat into stiff peaks, stiffer than for meringue
- Do not under beat
- Pour in the egg yolks mixture gradually over the egg whites gently folding in
- Do not stir
- Sprinkle over the top fold in with a few strokes
- Add cherry juice and nuts
- Pour into ungreased 8" x 8" x 2" pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes until top springs back when lightly touched
- Turn pan upside down
- Cream 3 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Beat in 1 1/4 cups more of confectioner's sugar
- Add 1/4 cup Maraschino cherry juice
- When smooth stir in 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Add to cake
- Decorate with cherries