Pineapple Upside Down Salad
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Salad was with.
Learn more about the History of Food and view the background of dishes and brands, read through recipe roundups, and more.
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Recipe Card Details
Pineapple Upside Down Salad Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Pineapple Upside Down Salad.
Pineapple Upside Down Salad Recipe Card Back
Back of Pineapple Upside Down Salad recipe card and the notation on the bottom left states this recipe is from Good Housekeeping Magazine
Vintage Kitchen Tools, Dishes, and Cookbooks
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware and on the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site. Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Pineapple Upside Down Salad Recipe
If you make this Pineapple Upside Down Salad recipe, join our Facebook group and share your photos! (Or just join anyway, we would love to have you!!!)
- 2 tablespoons plain gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pineapple syrup
- 1/2 cup mild vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 slices pineapple
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped radish ?
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber ?
- 1/4 cup diced pimento
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- Add gelatin to cold water and let stand for 5 minutes
- Add boiling water, sugar, salt
- Stir until dissolved
- Add pineapple juice, vinegar, and lemon juice
- Pour in loaf pan to depth of 1/4"
- Chill until almost firm
- Arrange two slices of pineapple over gelatin and chill till firm
- Dice remaining pineapple fine
- Add to vegetables
- Fold into remaining gelatin
- Pour over first mixture in pan and chill
- Serve with mayonnaise