Pineapple Squares Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Pineapple Squares.
Pineapple Squares Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Pineapple Squares.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Pineapple Squares was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pineapple Squares recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Pineapple Squares Recipe
If you make this Pineapple Squares recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 3/4 cup milk, scalded and cooled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 cup oleo or Crisco
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 No. 2 can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oleo or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm milk
- Let rise
- Sift flour and salt
- Add oleo as for pie cut (cut into flour)
- Add yeast and egg yolks and mix well
- Let rise 1 hour
- Spread half of the dough in a 13" x 9" pan
- Spread the pineapple mixture over the dough and cool mixture (water, sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple)
- Pat remaining dough and put over mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees until light brown, about 30 minutes
- Mix all the ingredients and heat until thick while continuously stirring
- Heat the milk, and oleo over low heat stirring until butter melts
- Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla
- Spread over cooled cake and sprinkle with nuts right away
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan
- Fashioncraft Vintage Double Heart Design Knife And Cake Server Set, Ivory, 2468
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5), Non Slip Colorful Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls by Aammaxs-yyi, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5-2 - 2.5-3.5 - 7QT