Front of Pineapple Sherbet recipe card. The owner notated that this recipe appeared in an issue of Household Magazine in 1952.
Back of Pineapple Sherbet recipe card. I hope I transcribed this correctly as it’s a jumble of words!
- Sherber Ingredients
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (no 1 can) crushed pineapple and juice
- Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup apricot juice
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- Pour into ice cub tray and freeze at coldest setting until firm.
- Beat until stiff, 1 egg white
- Remove sherbet from tray and beat until fluffy
- Chill bowl and beater before beating sherbet
- Fold the stiffly beaten egg white into sherbet
- Return to ice cub tray and continue to freeze
- Adjust refrigerator setting back to normal position
- Strain and chill
- Pour over sherbet about 1/3 cup of juice
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pineapple Sherbert recipe.
If you make this Pineapple Sherbert recipe, please share your photos and comments below!