Front of the Pineapple Meringue Pie recipe card.
I thought I had pretty much eaten every pie out there… guess not. I would have never thought to make a Pineapple Meringue Pie. Have you had one before?
Back of the Pineapple Meringue Pie recipe card.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/3 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine cornstarch, 6 tablespoons sugar, and salt in pan
- Add pineapple and cook until clear and thickened
- Beat egg yolks and 6 tablespoons of sugar
- Add to cornstarch and cook while stirring 1 minute longer and then allow to cool
- Add lemon juice
- Stir mixture and pour into baked shell
- Beat egg whites until quite stiff then gradually add remaining 6 tablespoons of sugar until stiff
- Cook 30 minutes in slow oven
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pineapple Meringue Pie recipe.
If you make this Pineapple Meringue Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!