Pina Colada Cheesecake
Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Pina Colada Cheesecake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Pina Colada Cheesecake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pina Colada Cheesecake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe
If you make this Pina Colada Cheesecake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 envelopes (1 tablespoon each) unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 can (6 oz.) Dole pineapple juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 large packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup dark Jamaican rum (or 2 teaspoons rum extract)
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cans (8 oz.) Dole crushed pineapple in syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Combine ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Press mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of an 8- or 9-inch pan.
- Mix gelatin and ½ cup sugar in saucepan.
- Add pineapple juice. Let stand until gelatin has softened. Place over low heat; stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks well.
- Gradually beat hot gelatin mixture into egg yolks.
- Let cool.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add to gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
- Stir in rum (or rum extract) and coconut extract.
- Refrigerate gelatin mixture to chill.
- Stir frequently as mixture thickens.
- When gelatin mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites, remove from refrigerator.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- While beating, add remaining ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until whites hold stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into thickened gelatin mixture.
- Turn into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Combine ingredients in saucepan.
- Stir until cornstarch dissolves.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over top of cheesecake.