Front of the Penuche recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Penuche recipe.
If you make this Penuche recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP002 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP002 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes
- 4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Karo syrup
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped marshmallows or 1 cup chopped nuts
- Boil sugar, milk, syrup, butter, salt, and soda until a soft ball can be formed (238 degrees)
- Keep stirring to prevent sticking
- Remove from heat
- Add the marshmallows or nuts and beat until creamy
- Pour into buttered dish and cool
- Cut into squares