Pecan Delight Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Pecan Delight.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Pecan Delight was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Pecan Delight recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Pecan Delight Recipe
If you make this Pecan Delight recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2½ dozen vanilla wafers
- 1 stick (¼-lb.) butter or margarine
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups Imperial 10X Powdered Sugar
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Roll wafers fine and cover bottom of 8-inch square pan with part of crumbs.
- Cream butter and add yolks, one at a time, beating constantly.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; cream well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Then add pecans.
- Pour layer or mixture on crumbs in pan, then add more crumbs and more mixture alternately until pan is filled.
- Set in refrigerator to harden at least 12 hours.
Makes 10 servings.