Orange Brownies Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Orange Brownies.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Orange Brownies was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Orange Brownies recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Orange Brownies Recipe
If you make this Orange Brownies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 squares (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnut meats
- ¼ cup grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Melt butter and chocolate together over hot water.
- Beat eggs; add sugar gradually while beating.
- Add chocolate and shortening to egg mixture; beat hard 1 minute.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt; add.
- Break walnuts meats coarsely; add with orange peel and juice.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes, or until done.
- Cut into squares.