Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Card Front
Front of the Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies recipe card.
There is a notation that there are more instructions on the back but the back of the recipe card is blank.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
If you make this Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 1/2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oleo
- 1 cup Skippy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together
- Set the flour mixture aside
- In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat the oleo and peanut butter until smooth
- Beat in the brown sugar until blended then add the eggs and vanilla
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well blended
- If necessary chill dough
- Shape into 1" balls and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet
- Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.