- 1/4 pound cheese
- 1/4 pound dried beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup cooked tomatoes
- Cayenne pepper
- Put the cheese and the dried beef through the food chopper
- Add the slightly beaten egg, tomatoes, and pepper
- Cook in a double boiler until the cheese is melted and smooth
Mystery Sandwich Filling
Front of the newspaper clipping for the Mystery Sandwich Filling with a notation that the recipe was submitted by Mrs. E. T. J. from New York.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Mystery Sandwich Filling recipe.
If you make this Mystery Sandwich Filling recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP001 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP001 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes