Mushroom Asparagus Casserole
This recipe for Mushroom Asparagus Casserole is a newspaper clipping from Vintage Recipe Box 36. At this time we do not know which newspaper it was printed or when.
The original owner notated that this recipe is “fair” on the right-hand side of the recipe card.
[irp posts=”29167″ name=”Asparagus Recipes, Cooking Tip, and More”]
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
Click here to view all of the Vintage Recipe Boxes we have published to date from our collection.
[irp posts=”12239″ name=”Vintage Casserole Recipes and Cooking Tips”]
How to Start Your Own Recipe Box
Start your own recipe box for your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Mushroom Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 8-ounce packages frozen cut asparagus, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup chopped pimiento
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Cook mushrooms and onion, covered, in the 4 tablespoons butter or margarine till tender, 10 minutes.
- Remove vegetables; set aside, leaving butter in skillet.
- Blend in flour, chicken, bouillon granules, salt, dash pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add milk.
- Cook and stir till bubbly.
- Stir in mushrooms and onion, cooked asparagus, pimiento, and lemon juice.
- Turn into 1½-quart casserole.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake in 350° oven for 35 to 40 minutes.