A warm blueberry muffin with melted butter is just yummy. A smidge crispy on the outside and moist and fluffy on the inside is perfect for me.
Click here to view all of our published Vintage Bread Recipes.
A muffin is an individual-sized, baked product. It can refer to two distinct items, a part-raised flatbread that is baked and then cooked on a griddle (typically unsweetened) and a cupcake-like quickbread (often sweetened) that is chemically leavened and then baked in a mold.Source: Wikipedia – Muffin
While quickbread muffins are often sweetened, there are savory varieties made with ingredients such as corn and cheese.
- National Muffin Day is February 20th
- National Blueberry Muffin Day is July 11th
- National Oatmeal Muffin Day is December 19th
- The corn muffin is the official state muffin of Massachusetts.
- The blueberry muffin is the official state muffin of Minnesota.
- The apple muffin is the official state muffin of New York.
Join our Vintage Recipe Facebook Group to discuss and find “new” old recipes to enjoy.
Links to find other recipes:
Vintage Muffin Recipes
We have grouped the Muffin Recipes into categories and the ones that don’t have a category are listed below.