Mud Pie With OREO Crust
Recipe for Mud Pie With OREO Crust from Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Vintage Recipe Box 155 is a metal recipe box with two cross stitch birds on the front.
Based on the information we found inside, we THINK the box originated from Alabama with ties to Virginia and Georgia.
The recipes are not too old with the oldest ones we have found so far are dated starting in the early 2000s.
Click here to view all the vintage recipes found in Vintage Recipe Box 155.
Join our Facebook group to discuss and find recipes!!!
Mud Pie With OREO Crust Recipe
- 16 OREO cookies, crushed (or 1/2 package Nabisco chocolate wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Toasted almonds or pecans
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter, mix well.
- Press over bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate
- Chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes
- Spoon softened ice cream into shell and smooth surface with a spatula
- Place pie in freezer 30 to 45 minutes or until very hard
- Spoon fudge sauce over ice cream; return to freeze for 20 minutes or longer until fudge sauce is hardened
- Do not remove from freezer until ready to serve
- Top wit whipped cream, if desired, and chopped nuts