Mocha Brownie Bars
Mocha Brownie Bars Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Mocha Brownie Bars.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Mocha Brownie Bars was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Mocha Brownie Bars recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Mocha Brownie Bars Recipe
If you make this Mocha Brownie Bars recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- ¼ cup coffee-flavored liqueur or 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- ½ cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except nuts; mix well.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Spread into greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Frost with Mocha Frosting.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- In saucepan, over low heat, melt 3 tablespoons margarine or butter.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa, 1 tablespoon warm water and 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur or 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually beat in 1½ cups confectioners' sugar.
- Add additional warm water if needed.