Minestrone Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Minestrone.
Minestrone Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Minestrone.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Minestrone was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Minestrone recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
If you make this Minestrone recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 carrot sliced
- 1 leak sliced
- 28oz can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dried basil crumbled
- 1 tsp dried oregano crumbled
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ripe celery sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- (3½ to 4 cups homemade or canned chicken broth)
- 1 tsp salt
- (2-15oz cans red kidney or cannellini beans drained)
- ½ cups small shell macaroni or elbow macaroni
- Grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, saute onion, garlic, carrot, celery & leek in olive oil until onion is tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes.
- If desired, cut up tomatoes, add broth & seasoning.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat & simmer covered 20 min.
- Add beans & cabbage simmer 10 min.
- Add zucchini & macaroni & continue to simmer uncovered 10 min or until last ingredients are tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese to sprinkle in each bowl.
Makes about 12 cups.