Meat and Potato Pie
Meat and Potato Pie Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Meat and Potato Pie.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Hamburger Pot Pie was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Meat and Potato Pie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Meat and Potato Pie Recipe
If you make this Meat and Potato Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 package piecrust mix (for 2-crust pie)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ envelope onion soup mix (¼ cup)
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce package frozen loose-pack hash brown potatoes, thawed (3 cups)
- Warmed catsup
- Prepare piecrust mix according to package directions; roll out for a 2-crust 9-inch pie plate with half of the pastry.
- Set aside.
- In bowl combine milk, dry onion soup mix, pepper, and allspice.
- Add ground beef; mix thoroughly.
- Lightly pat meat mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Combine parsley, melted butter, and salt; add thawed hash brown potatoes, stirring to coat.
- Spoon potatoes over meat mixture.
- Adjust top crust; seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits for escape of steam.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° till crust is golden, about 1 hour.
- Serve with warmed catsup.
Makes 6 servings.