- In a saucepan, melt the butterscotch morsels in the water
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- Set the dry mixture aside
- Add the shortening and cream well
- Add the sugar
- Add the unbeaten eggs and beat well after each addition
- Blend in the melted morsels and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients with the buttermilk (or sour milk) beginning and ending with dry ingredients
- Blend well after each addition
- Turn mixture into 2 9" round pans which have been greased and floured on bottoms
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes
- Spread the butterscotch filling between the layers and on top to within 1/2: of edge
- Frost side and edges with the Sea Foam Frosting or whipped cream
Mardi Gras Party Cake
Front of the Mardi Gras Party Cake recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Mardi Gras Party Cake recipe.
If you make this Mardi Gras Party Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes