- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water until a paste is made
- Cook the cornstarch, sugar, and water over medium heat until clear and thickened
- Allow to cool
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla until stiff
- Add cooked mixture to egg whites
- Continue to beat until well mixed
Front of the Magic Meringue recipe card with a notation that the recipe is from Eleanor Noel and what published in the Mansfield News Journal.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Magic Meringue recipe.
If you make this Magic Meringue recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP003 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP003 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes