Lemon Chiffon Pie
Lemon Chiffon Pie Recipe Card Front
Front of the Lemon Chiffon Pie recipe card.
Lemon Chiffon Pie Recipe Card Back
Back of the Lemon Chiffon Pie recipe card.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Lemon Chiffon Pie was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Lemon Chiffon Pie recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Lemon Chiffon Pie Recipe
If you make this Lemon Chiffon Pie recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 9" Graham cracker or vanilla wafer pie crust
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whipped cream, whipped
- shredded lemon peel for garnish
- In a 1 quart saucepan mix well the gelatin, salt, and sugar
- In a small bowl with a wire whisk, beat egg yolks with water, lemon peel, and lemon juice
- Stir the egg mixture into the gelatin mixture
- Cook over medium heat stirring until mixture is thickened and coats the spoon
- Remove from the heat
- In a large bowl with a mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peak forms
- Gradually sprinkle in 1/2 cup sugar beating until sugar is dissolved
- With rubber spatula, gently fold lemon mixture into egg whites just until blended
- Spoon mixture into pie crust and refrigerate pie until lemon chiffon filling is set
- To serve, spoon whipped cream into mounds
- Sprinkle with shredded lemon peel on top
Lemon Chiffon Pie