- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup coconut (or 1 cup)
- Beat eggs until thick and add sugar gradually beating constantly
- Sift flour once, measure and add baking powder and salt
- Add sugar and eggs, mix well
- Add milk and butter which have been heated to the boiling point
- Beat well
- DO NOT add more flour as the batter should be thin
- Add vanilla and pour into 8″ x *8″ pan or dripping pan
- Place on lowest baking rack
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- After the cake is done put the above mixture on top of the cake and spread evenly
- Put under broiler until nicely browned
Front of the Lazy Daisy Cake recipe card with a notation that the recipe came from somebody with the last name of Schneider. Also, you may have seen this cake by another spelling, Lazy Dazy Cake.
Back of the Lazy Daisy Cake recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Lazy Daisy Cake recipe.
If you make this Lazy Daisy Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!