Last Minute Fruitcake
Last Minute Fruitcake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Last Minute Fruitcake.
Last Minute Fruitcake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Last Minute Fruitcake.
Vintage Recipe Box 98
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Last Minute Fruitcake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project 98 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Last Minute Fruitcake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Last Minute Fruitcake Recipe
If you make this Last Minute Fruitcake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups Softasilk Cake Flour
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ½ t. cinnamon
- 1 t. soda
- ¼ cup almonds, cut fine
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup dandied cherries fine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce strained
- ½ t. allspice
- 1 t. salt
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup walnuts, fine
- ¼ cup dates, fine
- ¼ cup candied pineapple fine
- ¼ cup lemon rind, fine
- Cream shortening, add sugar gradually and cream thoroughly.
- Blend in well beaten egg.
- Add the cooled apple sauce.
- Sift [four] once before measuring.
- Sift together flour, spices, salt and soda and add alternately with the water to the creamed mixture.
- Add fruit and nuts which have been mixed with the last addition of flour.
- Pour into greased and floured pan.
- Bake 45 min. Temp: 350.