Keen Beans Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Keen Beans.
Keen Beans Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Keen Beans.
Vintage Recipe Box 36
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Keen Beans was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Keen Beans recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Keen Beans Recipe
If you make this Keen Beans recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 pound fresh green beans or 2 packages frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt and salt to taste
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- ¼ pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 squares 14-inch Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap
- Wash beans; snip ends.
- Melt butter in saucepan; blend in flour and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Cook 3 minutes over low heat.
- Gradually add milk; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Blend in Tabasco and cheese.
- Divide beans onto shiny side of foil; salt.
- Top servings with sauce.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil over beans and seal top with tight double fold (leave space between foil and sauce). Repeat seal at ends.
- Cook in 350° oven, 35 minutes (25 if frozen).
- Open and serve, 4 servings.