Jean’s Meatloaf Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Jean’s Meatloaf.
Jean’s Meatloaf Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Jean’s Meatloaf.
There is a notation that says (I THINK) “Menu 9/20/91 – Last day Jean and Dorris insist.”
Vintage Recipe Box 003
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Jean’s Meatloaf was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 003 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Jean’s Meatloaf recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
You can always find treasures on sites that sell used items such as Vintage Cookbooks on eBay and Vintage Cookbooks on Etsy
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Jean’s Meatloaf Recipe
If you make this Jean’s Meatloaf recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 package French's Meatloaf Mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Combine in bowl: 1 egg, ½ cup water, 2 cups soft bread crumbs (3 slices) - NOT packed) 1 pkg. French's Meatloaf Mix (contains onion, salt, diced potatoes with preservatives, hydrolized vegetable protein, sugar, spices, paprika, garlic, tumeric.)
- Stir in 2 lb ground beef [or] meatloaf mixture.
- Shape into 2 loaves (can use wax paper to shape) & place on rack in small blue granite roaster.
- Sear in 350° oven - uncovered about 15 min.
- Add about ¼ cup wter (for steam).
- Cover & bake about 1 hour - or until ready to serve. - "can't dry out because of steam.")
- [In ____ meatloaf use 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs instead of 2 cups of soft bread crumbs]
2 lb makes 2 loaves
Thursday 31st of January 2019
"Last day Jean & Doriss visit"