Italian Style Sausage Soup
Italian Style Sausage Soup Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Italian Style Sausage Soup.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Italian Style Sausage Soup was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Italian Style Sausage Soup recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Italian Style Sausage Soup Recipe
If you make this Italian Style Sausage Soup recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in fine strips (3 C)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in fine stripes (2 C)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut in fine strips (1 C)
- 2 Cups califlowerets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Croutons or toast (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 cups hot beef broth
- 8 oz link sausages
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Prepare all vegetables and set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy four-to-five-quart kettle or Dutch oven.
- Add garlic and green onions.
- Saute, stirring, about five minutes.
- Add vegetables and saute two minutes.
- Add broth, cover and simmer 35 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
- Meanwhile, cook sausages according to package directions.
- Drain on absorbent paper and slice thin.
- Add to soup, season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with cheese and croutons, if desired.
Makes about three quarts.