Italian Harvest Soup
Italian Harvest Soup Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Italian Harvest Soup.
Italian Harvest Soup Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Italian Harvest Soup.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Italian Harvest Soup was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Italian Harvest Soup recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Italian Harvest Soup Recipe
If you make this Italian Harvest Soup recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 1 can (15-oz) tomato sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 4 cups water
- ½ head cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 1 lb Italin-style link sausage
- 1 can (8-oz) kidney beans
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup cut green beans
- ½ cup curly macaroni
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In 4-quart pot, saute garlic, onion, celery and parsley in oil until soft.
- Stir in tomato sauce, bouillon cube, water, cabbage, carrot, salt, pepper and sage.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower flame, cover and simmer 1 houre.
- Brown sausage in skillet; drain and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Add sausage, kidney beans, zucchini, green beans and macaroni to soup.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- Serve soup topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6 to 8.