Italian Cream Cake
Italian Cream Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Italian Cream Cake.
Italian Cream Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Italian Cream Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 034
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Italian Cream Cake was with.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Italian Cream Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Italian Cream Cake Recipe
If you make this Italian Cream Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Italian Cream Cake Batter
- 1 stick oleo
- 1 small can coconut
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups flour
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 box confectioners sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- Grease and flour 3 9" cake pans
- Cream butter (oleo), Crisco, sugar, add egg yolks and beat well
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk
- Stir in vanilla, coconut, and nuts
- Beat eggs whites until stiff and fold into batter
- Turn batter into pans and bake for 25 minutes at 300 degrees
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix all ingredients except nuts with enough milk for spreading consistency
- Frost top of each layer and sides of cake
- Sprinkle nuts on top of cake