Italian Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the Italian Cake recipe card with a notation that the recipe is from “about 1936.”
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Italian Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
If you make this Italian Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
Italian Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- Pine nuts (also known as Pignola nuts)
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons anise seed or 3 drops of anise oil
- Cream sugar and shortening
- Add eggs and beat well
- Add vanilla
- Sift flour, soda, and salt
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture
- Add remaining ingredients