Inexpensive Layer Cake
Inexpensive Layer Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Inexpensive Layer Cake.
Inexpensive Layer Cake Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Inexpensive Layer Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 5
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Inexpensive Layer Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 005 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Inexpensive Layer Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Inexpensive Layer Cake Recipe
If you make this Inexpensive Layer Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 2/3 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sweet milk
- 2 9in round cake pans
- Preheated oven 375°
- 25 to 30 min
- Sift flour, salt, & baking powder
- Cream shortening & sugar. Beat until light & fluffy.
- Add unbeaten eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each egg.
- Add vanilla to milk. Add alternately with flour to shortening sugar mixture.
- Pour cake batter evenly into pans.
- Put into oven & bake 25 to 30 min.
- When cake is done, remove from oven. Take a thin bladed knife & loosen cake from side of pans.
- Turn at once on cake [cooler]. Immediately turn cake right side up. When cool, frost.