- 2 2/3 cups lard
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 cups scalded milk
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 cakes yeast
- Mix together the lard, sugar, salt, mashed potatoes, and milk
- Allow mixture to cool
- Add the eggs
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and add to mixture
- Add enough flour to make the stiff dough
- Knead on board until it does not stick
- Let rise until double size
Ice Box Rolls
Front of the Ice Box Rolls recipe card.
- Each 1/4-ounce package of active dry yeast is equal to 2-1/4 teaspoons of bulk yeast or one fresh cake yeast (.6 ounce)
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Ice Box Rolls recipe.
If you make this Ice Box Rolls recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP001 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP001 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes