Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies
Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies Card Front
Front of the Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies recipe card with a notation that the recipe is from Dolores Kremer.
There is also mention of “page 106 of the yellow book.” At this time we do not know what this is in reference to.
In other recipes by Dolores, there are mentions of other colored books — I wonder what they are?!
Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies Back
Back of the Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies recipe card.
- There is a notation of “I spread the filling on the large rectangle of dough and then cut into the smaller 2″ x 3″ rectangles, then roll up.”
Vintage Recipe Box 014
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies was with.
Click here to read the history of
This box was purchased with another box, VRP015 – Wood Box, along with a Ziploc bag full of recipes. The seller of this box sent me the following:
I wish I had more information than this – I purchased these right outside of a small town called Monticello, Iowa. They had an estate auction and sold the house and the contents of the house. I don’t have a name or any other information. Hope this little bit helps, and that you enjoy your recipes. Thank you, Carol
Click here to view all of the Vintage Recipe Boxes we have published to date from our collection.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies Recipe
If you make this Hungarian Nut Roll Cookies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 sticks, oleo or butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or nutmeats (ground)
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix flour, butter, and cream cheese together.
- Roll out like noodles very, very thin and cut into rectangles about 2" by 3" (or whatever size you prefer)
- Mix the ground nuts and sugar with enough milk to make a paste-like dough
- Spread the filling on each piece and roll up like a jelly roll, which will be like a pencil shape after it is rolled
- Place on a slightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 12 - 15 minutes