- 3 pounds top round or stew meat cut in large cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup bouillon beef
- 1 clove garlic
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika
- Put into paper bag
- Shake meat with seasoning until all is coated
- Brown met in oil with the onion
- Pour off fat
- Add tomato sauce, bouillon and garlic
- Put in casserole cover and bake until meat is tender
- This dish could be completed in skillet with a tight cover
RECIPE BOX RESOURCES
VINTAGE COOKBOOK RESOURCES
Front of the Hungarian Goulash recipe card.
Back of Hungarian Goulash recipe card.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Hungarian Goulash recipe.
If you make this Hungarian Goulash recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP034 – Lot of Recipes with no box
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes