Hawaiian Refrigerator Cake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Hawaiian Refrigerator Cake.
Vintage Recipe Box 98
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Hawaiian Refrigerator Cake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Project 98 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Hawaiian Refrigerator Cake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Hawaiian Refrigerator Cake Recipe
If you make this Hawaiian Refrigerator Cake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 2 2/3 cups (2 15oz. cans) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 20 marshmallows, quartered
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 bottle (4 oz.) Maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1½ doz. Lady Fingers
- 2 boxes or 1 lb bag Rockwood's Chocolate BITS, melted
- Melt Chocolate BITS in double boiler over low heat and let cool.
- Line a 9-inch tube pan with split lady fingers, standing halves around inner and outer edge.
- Blend together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Add marshmallows, pineapple and cherries, and melted Chocolate BITS, cooled.
- Fold whipped cream into mixture and pour filling into tube pan.
- Cover with lady fingers, if desired.
- Chill in refrigerator, then turn out on small platter to serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
NOTE: If smaller cake is desired, cut ingredients in half and use smaller pan.
Chill in Refrigerator: 6 hours or longer
Amount: Serves 20
Hawaiian Refrigerator Cake