- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1/4 pound of pork steak
- 1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 celery heart, diced
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
- 1 small can of tomatoes
- Chop together the hamburger and the pork steak
- Soak the tapioca for 1 hour, then add to the meat mixture
- Add the egg, well beaten
- Add the salt and pepper
- Mix with a fork because this makes it lighter
- Make balls and put them in a deep buttered casserole dish
- Spread the sliced onion, diced celery, ad green pepper over the meat, and lastly pour it over the tomatoes
- Cover and bake slowly in a moderate oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Hamburg a la Creole
Newspaper clipping for Hamburg a la Creole with no notation for the publication nor the publication date. There is a reference that the recipe was submitted by Mrs. H. L. from Ohio.
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Hamburg a la Creole recipe.
If you make this Hamburg a la Creole recipe, please share your photos and comments below!