Ham and Mac Bake
Ham and Mac Bake Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Ham and Mac Bake.
Vintage Recipe Box 90
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Ham and Mac Bake was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 90 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Ham and Mac Bake recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Ham and Mac Bake Recipe
If you make this Ham and Mac Bake recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 3½ ounces elbow macaroni (1 cup)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs (2 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water just till tender, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- In large saucepan melt the ¼ cup butter; blend in flour, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk all at once; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cooked macaroni, ham, and apple slices.
- Turn mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Combine bread crumbs and the 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 35 minutes. .