Front of the Ha Pennies recipe card.
- This recipe could easily be doubled to use the entire package of the onion soup mix instead of half (my preference)
- I have read that these are good as a cocktail hour snack
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Ha Pennies recipe.
If you make this Ha Pennies recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP007 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP034 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes
- 1 stick oleo (margarine or butter)
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup flour
- Softening shortening and cheese together at room temperature
- Blend together
- Add onion soup and flour to make a stiff dough
- Shape into 1" roll
- Wrap in wax paper and chill
- Cut into slices about 1/4" thick
- Baked on greased baking sheet at 375 for 10 - 15 minutes
- If desired, top with a pecan or almond before baking
- Store in air tight container