Green Pepper Steak
Green Pepper Steak Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Green Pepper Steak.
Green Pepper Steak Recipe Card Back
Back of the recipe card for Green Pepper Steak.
Vintage Recipe Box 37
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Green Pepper Steak was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 37 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Green Pepper Steak recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Green Pepper Steak Recipe
If you make this Green Pepper Steak recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 lb. ground beef chuck or round, fat trimmed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ tsp. grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp. ground
- ¼ cup salad oil
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red or green peppers cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- With a very sharp knife cut beef across grain into thin strips, 1/8-inch thick.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger.
- Add beef.
- Toss and set aside while preparing vegetables.
- Heat oil in large frying pan or wok.
- Add beef and toss over high heat until browned.
- Taste meat. If it is not tender, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 min. over low heat.
- Turn heat up and add vegetables.
- Toss until vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 min.
- Mix cornstarch with water.
- Add to pan; stir and cook until thickened.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
Tips: You can prepare the beef ahead and refrigerate just before adding the vegetables. Finish cooking later.
For 2 servings: Half of the ingredients. You might need to add some water.
For 8 servings: Double the ingredients but reduce the water to 1¾ cups. Add another ½ Tbsp. cornstarch.
Preparation time: 20 min. Cooking time: 30 to 40 min.