Green Beans With Hazelnuts
Green Beans With Hazelnuts Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Green Beans With Hazelnuts.
Vintage Recipe Box 36
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Green Beans With Hazelnuts was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 36 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Green Beans With Hazelnuts recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Green Beans With Hazelnuts Recipe
If you make this Green Beans With Hazelnuts recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, divided use
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim beans and halfe crosswise; rinse.
- Place in a 2-quart round casserole; add water.
- Cover and microwave on high 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon margarine in a non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat on the range top.
- Brown hazelnuts; then transfer them to paper towels to cool.
- To remove skins, rub between paper towels.
- Coarsely chop hazelnuts; set aside.
- Put 1 tablespoon margarine and onions into a 1-cup glass measure.
- Cover and microwave on high 1½ minutes. Drain water from beans.
- Add onion mixture, chopped hazelnuts, salt and pepper.
- Toss to mix well.