Grape Russe Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Grape Russe.
Vintage Recipe Box 10
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Grape Russe was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 10 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Grape Russe recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Grape Russe Recipe
If you make this Grape Russe recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- [1t.] of geleton
- ¼ cup of cold grape juice
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- Dissolve gelaton in cold grape juice.
- Add ½ cup of sugar to ½ cup of hot grape juice.
- Then add gelaton to hot grape juice, with lemon juice
- Let cool, then add stiffly beaten egg white, beat until it holds it's shape.
- Put it in pan of cold water for beating.
- Fold in whipped cream, ½ cup.
- Put lady fingers, or vanilla wafers, or sponge cake in sherbet glasses put in ice box and chill.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.