Front of the Grape Butter recipe card with a notation that the recipe is from Lockie Coe.
Click here to read the history of Lockie Coe and the VRP001 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio.
- I am not sure why this is called “butter” when it’s really more of a “jam” type recipe – maybe this is what her generation or location called jam.
- She doesn’t notate whether this is for canning or how to store this large amount of food. What are your thoughts to storage?
LINKS OF INTEREST
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you. Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Grape Butter recipe.
More information about the box this recipe is a part of:
- Click here to read the history of VRP001 recipe box from Morrow County, Ohio
- Click here to view all the VRP001 Vintage Recipe Box Recipes
If you make this Grape Butter recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 6 pounds grapes, stemmed
- 6 pounds sugar
- Wash grapes and set over fire
- Add sugar and stir
- Cook 20 minutes or longer
- Run through colander