Granny’s Custard Bread Pudding
Granny’s Custard Bread Pudding Recipe Card Front
Front of the recipe card for Granny’s Custard Bread Pudding.
Vintage Recipe Box 96
There are lots of fun recipes to read in the box this recipe for Granny’s Custard Bread Pudding was with.
Click here to view all of Vintage Recipe Box 96 recipes.
More Vintage Recipes
We have lots of recipes on the site that may be of interest to you.
Use the links below to view other recipes similar to this Granny’s Custard Bread Pudding recipe.
Recipe Box and Cards
Start your own recipe box or your family or friends. Click here to view New and Vintage Recipe Boxes.
Once you have your recipe boxes, you will need recipe cards. Click here to view Recipe Cards and Templates.
Want to protect your recipe cards from splats and splatters in the kitchen? Click here to view Recipe Card Protectors and Sleeves.
Vintage Kitchen Tools and Dishes
I love vintage dishes and kitchenware.
On the weekends I can often be found in a thrift store poking through the shelves to find vintage treasures to use as props for our photography for the site.
Click here to view Vintage Kitchenware on Etsy.
Every once and a while you can find a good cookbook with Vintage Recipes on Amazon. I don’t have any recommendations as I haven’t bought any as I prefer the handwritten recipes that you see on our site.
Vintage Recipe Project on Social Media
We would love to interact with you about our vintage recipes.
Join us on your favorite social media platform by clicking the links below.
Granny’s Custard Bread Pudding Recipe
If you make this Granny’s Custard Bread Pudding recipe, please share your photos and comments below!
- 4 slices of bread buttered (remove crusts)
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup or ½ box Rockwood's Chocolate BITS
- Scald milk.
- Completely cover bottom of casserole with two slices of bread.
- Beat egg yolks with salt and sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Add hot milk.
- Pour half of this mixture over bread and leave until milk is partly absorbed.
- Cover bread with ½ cup or ½ box Rockwood's Chocolate BITS and with remaining buttered bread.
- Carefully add rest of egg and milk mixture.
- Set casserole in pan of hot water and place in oven.
- Bake this until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cover top of pudding with Bread Pudding Meringue.
Bake at : 325°F
Time: 1 hour
Amount: 6 portions